Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Looking back on SoCks of Yesteryear


Ever notice that life seems to pass by faster than you expect, and when you stop to look at it, more of it has passed than you might have thought?  No?  Well, kid, give it time. ;-)

Last week, had a very strange, rather tough week.  I tend to have unusually strange, tough weeks, it seems, though I suppose it depends on with what you compare them.  If I have so many of them, they aren't unusual at all, are they?  But this last one seems to have been a bit more so than my usual.  I would imagine they happen to all of us, at least once in a while, though of course even then they vary in unusualicity.  But I think we're just gonna have to accept that; if we don't, we'll never get out of this paragraph and that could get tedious, don't you think?

The fundamentals of said unusualisticalness are kind of unimportant, at least in terms of this post.  I simply mention that they exist because this is a blog and something should be mentioned, since without their being mentioned, nothing will exist here, and there had been too much of that too littleness here.

Do I have a point?  Do I ever?  Do I ever get to it?  Sometimes.  Sometimes I realized I missed the point, and missing your own point is a terrible thing to waste.  It's also occasionally the topic of this blog . . . obviously.  

Where was I?  *scrolls up*

Oh yes.  Well, the main point was that I ended up wondering . . . if you were to be faced with a bunch of pictures representing things throughout the course of your life, how would you feel?  Would you look back with joy and gratitude, happy and thankful for the life you've loved?  Or would you frown in disappointment, grief, hurt or even shame?  I would expect few would find themselves gasping in horror, but it doesn't always pay off to assume anything. 

I also find myself curious, so I ask you: what would it take for you to look at your life and feel you have been successful?  People naturally have different ideas of what it means to have achieved success, so it makes me wonder how one would know that Life had given one a fair, generous and accomplished existence?

Mostly, though, I've a penchant for inspiring people to think about things in a different way than they might have otherwise.  So, maybe it would be a good opportunity for you to give your life a closer inspection.  Because life is short, it goes by quickly, and sometimes leaves us confused about what really matters.  I think realizing that and finding a way to tune into it, in reality, is the purpose of life.

There you go, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, that is your hint that perhaps there was a point, and I might have gotten to it, after all.  Enjoy thinking!  I guess I'll just leave you to it for now.

~ me


No comments:

Post a Comment