Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year's Cliches, Everyone!


*gasps* Oh look! It's a new year already! Dang, & gosh, & shoot, & all that. Pardon my overly-emotional reaction to the realization. *averts eyes*


Well, I could explain all the reasons I haven't posted in so long. I could . . . they're good excuses, really . . . but I think I'm going to simply (try to) let the mishaps of the past few months slip away into the past where they belong. Hopefully, that means those things that have tried to tag along into the present can slip away into the past, too.

I love new beginnings.

Even waking up far, too early this morning, after getting to bed a bit late, I was able to open my bedroom blinds and let the morning sunshine pour into my room. Once my eyes stopped screaming for mercy, my breath was stolen by the wonder of how simply beautiful the world can be, especially when illuminated by the morning light!

I'm very much a fan of light, which anyone who knows me (pretty much at all) will confirm. I'm always one to remind people to never stop looking up occasionally - that's where the light is! Even in the darkest night sky, there will be tiny points of light, somewhere. Even if we can't see them now, they are still out there, waiting for a break in the clouds to peek through, if only momentarily. Of course I mean this metaphorically as well as literally. Because Life just works that way, too.

Okay, so I just re-read what I just typed and the little part of me who enjoys snorting at Irony . . . just snorted. I'm glad it's enjoying itself. *rolls eyes* So I guess once again I'm not proving I'm a hypocrite - I'm not! I'm simply proving I have the understanding of how things really work, enough to know how much easier things can be to be said than done.

But today is a great day to decide it's The First Day of the Rest of My Life, right? It's January! It's a new year! I can decide to be like everybody else who decides that January is a perfect time to re-evaluate, re-focus, re-start, and re-try! I can do that! It's a perfect day to begin.

Actually, every day is a perfect day. Every day is a brand-new day. A perfect opportunity to re-evaluate whether to resume or resolve to change. Every moment is a chance to take that leap of faith and jump into the Wild Unknown. We do it whether we intend to or not. Well, some leap. Others stumble and plummet. Some don't even realize that even habits are simply trusting in the previously-established. But the idea is the same!

So.

Now what?

Um...

I guess I could start with breakfast.


~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment