Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Sock With, Perhaps, A Custom Fit


My Dear, Young Friend;

Having experienced being a dear, young friend myself, my Empath's Heart truly feels for you.  I witness your struggles, and connect them with memories of my own.  I know it is scary to be out on your own, old enough to forge your way out into the world, but still too young to have any idea what you're doing.  It's a crazy time of life, when it feels as though the world is holding it's breath while watching you, waiting to see what choices you make - and what mistakes.


I would like to tell you that things get easier, and that there will come a time when life choices will not seem so overwhelming and scary.  Unfortunately, as of yet I have not met many who can say that this is the case, so that kind of comfort is out of reach for now.  I suppose the good news in all of this is that you;re not alone, which might be the greatest disillusionment of your lifetime: we adults don't have any idea what were doing either, and we're all kind of just wingin' it and flying by the seat of our pants, so to speak.

Why, thank you, you say!  Thank you very much!  That is very illuminating, enlightening, fortifying and comforting!  Why am I still reading this blog?!  Um, just wait. I mean, keep reading, if you want. Sometimes I get lucky and say something I didn't mean to, that actually makes sense and might be good advice!

Actually, all I have for you at the moment is my condolences on your dissolutionment.  I also offer my hope you will be different than the rest, and find your answers much easier to reach and understand.  Of course I am always here to offer whatever kind of distractions, thinking processes, streams of consciousness, and other general SoCk behavior that might help you find the answers that you're looking for.  Of course they might just entertain you for a while, but being entertained by someone who loves you isn't the worst thing in the world, every so often.

So, I suppose my advice for you would be to not be afraid to search out those answers, no matter where they might lead for you.  If they take you from where you began, then it is an adventure that will teach you to be who you are as you go, often leading you to discovering things within you, you might never have known otherwise.  And I say, is that really so bad, if it means a chance at knowing what an amazing person you truly are, even if you don't believe it's possible right now, where you stand?

I would also tell you to keep an open mind, and understand that the people around you all come from backgrounds that are different than yours, and so they will have a different perspective much of the time.  So don't be afraid of their perspectives, opinions nor ideas, because perhaps they will help open new doors to you that you didn't know existed, and what an incredible discovery that can be!  And who knows; you might find that you leave an imprint on their hearts as well, thereby leaving this world better than you found it.  So don't be afraid of reaching out and learning new things.  What a beautiful gift that can be!

I suppose I wouldn't just leave this advice to you my friend, but having witnessed your bravery in the face your fear, I address you directly.  Thank you for the incredible example and inspiration.  I appreciate you and all the hope you give me that this world might and up in good hands after all.  I wish more of us could live this way.

So there is my meandering thought for tonight, and opportunity to prove I didn't abandon this blog.  Life just has a way of getting in the way of our best intentions sometimes.  And that's okay, because in the distractions we can learn more than we expected.  And really, I think that's what life is all about, anyway.

~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment