Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Rejuvenation of The SoCk Drawer

Sometimes, I have to give some credit to those who inspire me.  Fortunately, those who do so usually know who they are, either because I've told them directly or because they know when/how I got their inspirations.  Not always, but much of the time.  That way, I don't have to give them public accolades, because I like to keep privacy when possible and therefore don't list names.  Plus, it gives an air of mystery and at least a few will be wondering, "Did I do that?"  And they can ask me, since most likely, they had a part in it.  And I'm not sure if this paragraph said anything of value, but I've typed it all out now, and I really hate having done that and then just deleting it, so maybe I'll just keep it here and you can decide if this post is really gonna be worth reading.  If you do decide to read on, then I hope you enjoy and don't end up regretting the time it took to read it.  Where was I?  Oh yes . . .

Thank you, my inspiring friends and whanau, who help give my life reason and purpose. ♥

Having said that, I suppose it wouldn't be a difficult leap for you to catch on to the idea that I've been inspired.  Again.  By the one who inspired another post, whom I've told directly, and once again I am moved to introspection of my own.  What an amazing world this can be, that we can pick up education and insight through each other!  That is why humans are communal beings; we have the capacity to learn from each other and grow together!

On the other hand, I could, and probably should, also thank Mother Nature, who has granted my life some light and warmth!  Today I have opened my windows and am allowing a fresh breeze to clean out all the stale, winter air from my home, and that alone has lifted my spirits some.  This winter was a dark, murky one, and I am hoping that with the spring and summer months will come some illuminating clarity and hope to not just myself, but to those I love.  Perhaps I'll even manage to get some of my SoCk ramblebabbling back.  Who knows?

Hooray for the promise that Spring brings!
It's kind of funny, now that I think about it.  There are so many changes going on around me, and it is interesting how those experiencing those changes react and respond.  Some get painful, life-changing news, and they react with gloomy repulsion, pulling away from everyone and everything because they are so overwhelmed with their dark response to the news.  And that's okay, in some respects.  Sometimes you just have to pull back in order to regroup.  

On the other hand, I've seen some similar kinds of news in others, and they respond by reaching out and trying to touch those around them, pulling them in and reminding them why life is brighter having love in it.  These people help remind the world that life is precious, and only truly worthwhile when some kind of gift is shared with appreciation for those whose lives touch ours.  Sometimes there are mixed responses over time, and that too is okay, because we can sometimes regroup in introspection, and then give back to the breath and heartbeats we were given to begin with.  

So, then, if I look around me carefully, I can also see changes that are wonderful!  Some are bringing new heartbeats into this world, or adding some of those who are alone or abandoned into their own lives and hearts.  Goals are being made, and achieved, and the achievements are beautiful and give new meaning to the lives of those who have gained through their experiences.  Friendships are being made that uplift and brighten lives, and hope is being given through service to those who are hurting and feeling discouraged.  Sometimes all it takes is a text, or an email, or an IM, or those methods becoming rather antiquated: using the telephone or making a visit; just sending a message of "I'm thinking of you, and hope things are going well for you."  Just knowing one is important enough to be remembered, can mean the world to someone feeling forgotten or left behind.
Hope and light is returning to my world.
I suppose I'm a cross between the two sides of views, upon closer thought.  Depending on circumstances and contexts, I can either be nearly overwhelmed with the blows life deals me or my loved ones, or I can be grateful for the opportunities I have to be reminded of how beautiful life can be, even in rough circumstances.  Sometimes, I can multitask and do both at the same time! Perhaps this post, or even this blog, is simply an attempt to document my own progress.  So I appreciate the insights those around me give, so that I can continue to move forward.

We now return you to your regular, hopefully enlightening, internet experience.  Have a nice day.

~ Me






2 comments: