Monday, March 14, 2011

Gold * Star For My Forehead

Well, congratulations Dear, you've created this thing, posted something, and posted again, making it clear you're not just a "one-post wonder"!  You've even had a few people prove they read it by giving feedback that wasn't even on a graded pop quiz nor coaxed by promises of grand rewards like... um...


...well stuff you might have to come up with because it's good to have a stash of grand rewards to promise handy in case of... stuff.  Anyway, you then disappeared again so who knows if anyone will be back.  But that's cool, cuz that means you can say words like "cool" and "cuz" and "stuff" and if they read it, and are annoyed, it's not your fault.  Good for you!


So I thought maybe the next post or two or so could be a chance to play around with settings and options, since I really do need to get an idea of how this stuff works, and right now is a great time because the lull between "Ooooh a new blog!" and whatever the next major accomplishment might be could be long enough that I could be training people before I actually get anywhere with this thing. :)


Not that I have any real direction for it, anyway.  It's just an insomniac's playground.  The very nature of its title hints at stochastic randomosticity, one of those being a word for sure but I'm thinking the other isn't so much.  However I've learned, as an American, if you can get enough people using your word, they will add it to the dictionary whether it is debatably worthy or not.  Then kids will have to learn to spell it, phonetically too, then use it in proper contexts and perhaps even compete with it at the Spelling Bee World Championships, because after all, if it's in the dictionary, you can use it in Scrabble, right?


By the way, since I apparently still have your attention, maybe you'd be interested in knowing something that might involve you.  Well, it could involve you, if you'd be interested, and since I apparently still have your attention, perhaps you would be interested, after all.  In fact, it's actually all about your attention and your interest, so if I have them, now would be a good time to share it, because you might be interested in it.  Paying attention?


*Ahem*


Did that get the last bits of your focus?  Okay it's just this:  You may or may not have already deduced I have a penchant for thinking and playing with thought.  (That's not the point, that's just leading up to it.)  See, I have a lot of friends who seem to enjoy thinking, too, on varying levels and with myriad reasons for the enjoyment.  You actually might be one of them.  I hope you are. :)  I also hope you know it, and believe in your ability to do it, because that is also leading to my point.


What is my point?  What a wonderful question my friend!  I'm so very glad you asked me that question!  My point is, I figure, if *I* like to think, and *you* like to think, and you're so very kind enough to wade through this mental pile of socks with me (keep in mind I do laundry frequently so the socks are usually clean), we could really have some fun finding some thinks to think together - don't you think?  Doing some philosophical needlework; meditative darning; introspective crafty stuff together could be fun, no?


I've this blog moderated, which means comments are supposed to come to my dashboard before they are posted on the page, which means if someone sends in a comment it waits there til I can come let it through.  I try to not weed out general comments because I think it's great to be able to have a person shine in the light that is their own, but I have had one or two that weren't meant for general posting so I screen for that kind of thing.  I hosted a couple of groups on Yahoo! for a few years so at least that's familiar, sorta.


Anyway so I'm finally getting 'round to the point I think!  (*woot!*)  If you would like to send me some seeds of thought, perhaps from the growing collection I can choose here and there as I have these nights of semi-saniticity and we can begin an adventure together!  A thought, a question, a quote... some think that makes you ponder you'd like to share, for me (and other readers) to ponder with you.


This idea is really just a seed in and of itself as of yet, so I would love feedback to see what you'd think.  I realize a few potentials to consider but might not see clearly given this is being written at 5:21am.  So perhaps I'll post this, see if anybody cares while I think a bit more and hope I continue to remember my password.


~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment