Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Mental Meanderings

Happy Mother's Day 
Regardless of your parental status . . .


Walk You Home - Karmina  (play this YouTube link for the song)

I miss you . . .
. . . what you were . . .
. . . what you weren't. 
I miss what I knew . . .
. . . what I didn't .  ..
. . . and what I can't.
I miss what was . . .
. . . what wasn't . . .
. . . what could have been . . .
. . . and what won't be.
I love you . . .
. . . for what you gave me . . .
. . . for what you couldn't give me . . .
. . . for what you would have given me,
. . . if you could have given it.
I thank you . . .
. . . without you, I wouldn't be . . .
. . . even if I couldn't be with you.
I thank you . . .
. . . who I am, is in great part
   due to who you were . . .
. . . I know you, through knowing me.

~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment