Saturday, February 9, 2013

Eureka!


It would appear I'm overdue for a post, again.  This blog hasn't exactly been on my New Year's resolution list . . .  well it wouldn't be, even if I did keep a new years resolution list.  Which I don't.  Though now I wonder, if I kept a list, would this blog be on it?  Would seem kinda lame not to have my own blog on my New Year's resolution list.  I could ponder that further, but perhaps that SoCk is meant for another day.


Where was I?  Oh yes . . . I hadn't even gotten started yet.  
Technically I have started, as I do have a topic for today's post.  Gold star for my forehead! --> * 
I was thinking the other day, as I was mopping my kitchen floor, this would be a perfect topic for a blog post!  


Yes, I mean the mopping of my kitchen floor. 
Yes, I'm serious.  
Yes, just keep reading and see if it's worth it.

You see, the thing that I noticed about mopping my kitchen floor, is related to something I said in a post some time ago.  If you remember, I said at some point, I use old socks to clean and such.  They are soft, durable, and otherwise of not much use, once the feet that once owned them have danced along their merry way.  Or run.  Or walked.  Or something that feet do when they no longer want to wear their socks and have permanently abandoned them in some form or fashion.


This time, I was surprised by an interesting discovery.  A while back we had gotten a certain mop product, which, due to proprietary demands and the fact that actually naming it would ironically, possibly get me into trouble, I won't name names.  However, it basically has a flat side with the grippy part of the hook and loop fasteners which I also don't dare name due to proprietary demands, but are also commonly known as the noisy part of a child's shoe clasping mechanism.


Okay so, refills of the actual mopping part of said mop system, namely the little scrubber pads that absorb liquid and collect the dirt, are kinda pricey.  We bought a sample kit that came with the system, but quickly realized those little pads' price adds up fast!  So . . . the mechanical part of said mop system has been standing around, no doubt feeling dejected for some time now.  Poor little, dejected mop system! 


So the other day, I had one of my old cleaning socks in my hand, and realized I really needed to mop the kitchen floor.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that mop system thingy, and I thought: DUH! 



But, would it work?  
Would such a mind as mine possibly have hatched an idea that could be so simple, and yet work so well?

It just so happens, that most men's typical white, casual socks work really great for those kind of systems.  They are about the right size, and the little gripper bottom part sticks nicely to the sock, or rather the sock sticks nicely to the little gripper bottom part.  Either way, the two stick nicely together.  And this is a great thing, if you want to get your floor mopped!


Basically, I have some spray cleaner that I really like, and I spray some of that on the floor, then go use the mop system with the handy dandy modifications I made, which are not particularly proprietary, to do the mopping part.  I happen to use a natural cleaner that is safe on fabrics, so when the mopping is done I simply throw it in the washing machine with the rest of my laundry.  Then the cleaner helps that too.


So now, I have some formerly rejected socks and a mopping system that are feeling better about the state of their existence, an idea that actually worked, AND a clean kitchen floor!  Who could possibly want to read about anything else when this kind of excitement exists?!


Okay, well . . . thanks for reading this far, anyway.  You really are the best kind of supportive enablers.  If I actually find out you read this, it might inspire me to bore you with even more humdrum tidbits that likely won't be worthy of a Pinterest pin, either.


I now return you to your otherwise normal internet session.  Have a nice day!


~ Me




No comments:

Post a Comment